Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It is ten thirty at night and something is prompting me to post. It might be procrastination, it might be inspiration, it might be consternation. It might be all three?! Blogging is a difficult thing to maintain and hey, maybe it is my new year's resolution a month early? I am writing and wondering why. Consider this a free write session, might help with the lack of cohesiveness.

So much happens in a given day, a given week, a given month, a given year. It never ceases to amaze me. I wake up, I know not, I end the day,and I know. Sometimes I know too much. The other evening a meal was prepared, we were ready to put it on our plates and an unexpected guest turned the evening upside down and all around and we still have yet to straighten out from that night. You could pray for the guest!

The week before Thanksgiving I had no plans. No turkey no nothing. However, there was no fret. This happens every year and God has spoken clearly to me about it. "Lynne, let me plan the meal, just put one foot in front of the other and when it is all done you can look back and see what took place." Wednesday afternoon the plans were finalized, we were heading to Tom's River a town next to Seaside Heights. Seaside Height is where the devastating pics from Hurricane Sandy originate.

What an amazing Thanksgiving helping a church from New Holland serve take out meals. We were connected with the Church of the Nazarene of New Holland through the First Baptist Church in Tom's River. Life is stranger than fiction, no doubt! As our family, with coffee in the back, was heading over the bridge to the barrier island with state police permission, we were in shook at the bizarre privilege. To witness the destruction that many of the locals have only witnessed via television was sobering- tag we're it! We have a responsibility now.

Thanksgiving evening was warmly spent at our dear friends' home with the next day
welcoming my parents from Rhode Island. Saturday was a blast celebrating our son in law's thirtieth birthday at their home filled with people who loved RJ!

Life is amazing, life is full and God help me to appreciate the unexpected happenings that I can expect!

No comments: