Monday, August 18, 2008

Today is Monday

Today is Monday morning, my schedule already is askew. My mind is swirling with ideas, visions of big events. My children are yelling butting in front of the visions. The yard is desperate for attention. My garden is mocking me with weeds. There is a benefit concert in the backyard on Sunday. This event is ordering everyone to put their mind to it! Am I happy or overwhelmed?

I know this one thing; I am not experiencing what another young family is going through this week. This family waits for their dad on Friday to arrive in the Adirondacks for summer fun. He doesn't and he won’t. Instead he is found dead in his home.

They drive home never to enjoy vacation fun with their daddy again this side of heaven. The mother faces dreams without him. Life brimming, waves crashing, is now a still pond.

Am I happy or overwhelmed? I will this week do one thing, I will be content.
Swirling events indicate life. I will remember that.

No comments: