Sunday, November 07, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesse


Today, Jesse Nathaniel Lynn Burkholder turns seven years old. This morning he bounded down the stairs, hair in a curly mess, snuggy pajamas (organized his clothing so we could actually find them to wear) and beautiful blues eyes dancing with excitement. Today is his to celebrate and he knows it full well!

I will never forget the surprise, the wonder, the sense of fun, the sneaking suspicion of joy, when I realized, "Hey, I think I am pregnant!"

Lynn, not so much.

It was with my fifteen year old, Robyn, that I viewed the results of the pregnancy test. She requested this shortly after Nicole's birth was announced. She felt left out. She wanted to be present for the results of a future pregnancy test. You can always answer yes when you know the likelihood is highly unlikely!

I was forty-one with a two year old still to care for, a vibrant-high alert, six year old, and teenagers lurking in the house and I felt privileged to still be capable of housing life.

The day Jesse was born was a beautiful crisp November day.
Happy Birthday, Jesse! You have come a long way from the Elmer Fudd look!

Lynn does not know what he would do without his Jesse.
See, women know best!

2 comments:

Charis O'Connell said...

Yes he has certainly grown 'younger' from his 'old man' baby face of cuteness =: ) How 7 years just flies by!

Lynne Burkholder said...

talk about it! Just spoke with you on the phone. Hope your family breezes through the sniffles. See you next Monday.