Monday, November 01, 2010

Weekends


What do you do? This was one full weekend! How are we to manage our day when we are exhausted from the weekend? Friday night was a celebration of the "win" at the Harvest parade. Eight boys, including my son, slept over night in the backyard. They had strict instructions to be in bed by midnight. That is almost like trying to get toothpaste back into the tube.

Saturday morning my daughters and I were off to an event called Queen for a Day. This event honors women who are caregivers twenty-four seven and find themselves with no time for themselves. This day is one in which they are prayed for and pampered.

In the evening there was a backyard twenty-first birthday party for the neighbor "boy." Geoff and I finished the night watching a movie. He was not fit for the Sunday morning message and I must be careful on Saturdays (hope I remember!). Nicole was sleeping over at someone's home.

Sunday after church we had Melissa, Chris and their two children, Stella and Eli over for homemade pizza with Antonio's dough! To die for! In the evening we hauled off to night church much to Nicole's dismay. She wanted to go trick-or-treating. She was adamant even after I read some decent pieces off of the internet sites on why it wasn't such a good idea. "Are you finished?" was her response.

Then we landed at my in-laws for our Sunday evening get together. These are treasured times with treasured in-laws. Nicole wanted to trick-or-treat in their development. I let her trick-or-treat at her grandparents house. She was satisfied as I answered the door with a voice to scare off any sane trick-or-treater. She's not sane! :)

So now the question is how are we to manage our day after a full weekend?
Do you let them rest? Do you wake them up and push and pull all morning? You would think I would have ready answers having done this a time or two!
Nope! I have none. What do you do?

No comments: