Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Children Taking Over- Love It!





















The renovation of Lynn and Lynne undertaken by the children of Lynn and Lynne is happening as I write. The drone of the sander on the “Viewing Room” floor (ok, televison room! But I hate the sound of that) is the best sound ever. Kathryn our third child has had it and is taking things under control. Enough is enough she feels.

Unfortunately, Lynn and I are able to live with half done projects, stellar, aye? I remember well visiting a certain relative whose house was NEVER finished. My parents would comment on the drive home. I can only imagine the talking all the way back to Rhode Island after a visit with their daughter.

Our daughters pulled together a 25th celebration asking for Lowe's gift cards with this day in mind. What a wonderful gift! Kathryn is the project manager with advisers to her left and to her right. Her Christmas break has been breaking her back for her family. It is the gift of a lifetime.

Here are some pictures showing the process. The young man on the piano is Tyler Patchel who helped with removing stubborn kitchen tile. The young woman is Katie Schwartz who gave some significant hours to the project. Christopher, our son is working on cutting down shelves for the new spot in the Viewing Room ( I do like the sound of that)!

My biggest fear is that I will wake up!

No comments: