Tuesday, December 06, 2011

UnFinished Projects- Back Off!


It has been too long since I have posted on this blog site. Who started this site anyway? There are so many things in my life that I have started and clearly not finished. Some of the unfinished projects are exactly as they should be, for instance, my life.

My life started on May 8, 1962 and I am not near completing it. In fact I have a goal of 120 years,though I am not in control of the timing and one never knows. However,it is amazing to think that almost fifty of those years have been completed. But my life is not mine to complete. There is an author and a finisher of my life/faith and I am not it.

There are some other projects that are still in the works- my children.

All of my children are still in process. All six of them are uncompleted projects. Their life mysteriously was not started with me and mysteriously will not be finished by me. The urge to finish a project needs to be rejected when it comes to people. I can assist in the project but I am not the project manager, the finisher.

Do we think about this enough? Do we shudder at the thought of our urge to finish “people projects?” Do we respect even our own children knowing that they are managed by a project manager more concerned with their finished result than we would be? We are to pray for their development, to assist the manager, to respect their project, to be side-liners with a sense of awe.

I need to back off from the unfinished projects surrounding my life.

No comments: