Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hopes, Dreams and Wants for 2012



This has to be one of my favorite times of the year, the week between Christmas and New Years. It is for me contemplative, reflective, full of promise and is the sunlight not exquisite?

During this week, every year, I think back over the past year and think about what I want to do different this year. I will give you a peek into my hopes ,dreams and wants for the year 2012.

I want, hope and dream that:
-every day is appreciated for the privilege of living it. (this shows up in every single journal I have ever written-I am a broken record)
-I will actually harvest all that I grow and not think that gardening is just planting.
-I will be more active physically (I find myself more sedantary of late)
-I will read through the Bible again with the Halley method (Week one-Gen, Week Two-Matthew, Week three- Exodus, Week Four-Mark etc.)
-I will surround myself with more diversity than less.
-I will continue to break out of the ordinary
-I will run through the paper dragons in my life.
-I will be better with Thank you notes (oh,this really can get me down)
-I will put myself out on more limbs than not.
-I will not rest content with fake contentment.
-I will watch more movies.
-I will do the perfect picnic this year in the perfect place at the perfect time.
-I will listen better to God's direction
-I will follow closer to God's lead
-The body of Christ will experience unity in the area in which I live
-my children hear God's voice clearer.
-I will depend on God for everything, everything
-I will have nothing to do with idolatry
-I will have eternity on my mind at all times.
-I will keep my house clutter free.
-I do the spontaneous with my children consistently
-I make more festivals for our family
-Valentine's Day is celebrated with more alacrity than ever in our family.
-that Lynn and I can have time just for ourselves (this is so hard because we LOVE being with all of our children, but I do want to get to Italy to see
Erin and Peter and Henry and Sadie)
- that all our children understand the significance of small events and time spent with dear ones
-our children see church as it really is
-God continues to connect me with people who vision big
-I can focus and not be distracted by distractions
-our five businesses flourish so that others may benefit greatly
-all our bills are paid and house paid off to give God the glory.
-that those we are surrounded by understand the need to glorify God in unity.
-that I see more and more of Him
-that I can organize my thoughts to write at least one book.
- I have more mercy for others than not
-that I desire to stand corrected and not get defensive
-that I teach my children well.

Hey, when you think, of it would you pray for me and my family. We would appreciate that! May your year be filled with unexpected moments where you simply relish His presence and His amazing ability to love you despite you!

3 comments:

Lynn Burkholder said...

I love the way you think.

rachel said...

i love this...

Susie said...

love it, too! (esp. the photo!)