Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Claustrophobia

Life just got claustrophobic. I was wishing my father a Happy Birthday with an attitude of never ending horizons until he told me what he will be turning next year????? All of a sudden at the sound of the age seventy, I was in a four walled compartment that was getting smaller by the minute. Wait, I want to go to Europe with my father. Wait, I want to do this and that with him. Seventy. I'm not having a hard time with me getting old, I'm having a hard time with everyone else getting old. So, am I having a hard time with me getting old????...

My children, will they really know him? I hardly knew my grandfather who died at the age of seventy-seven, but that's way different, right? My son, Jesse, age nine months, oh no, the math is depressing. When he is twenty my father will be eighty-nine. Oh, Lord, please grant my father good health right up to the end. It really is not all about here, because there is just not enough time here! Eternity.

All right, now I think I can breathe. I've just been let out of that compartment. The moments with my Dad and my Mom in heaven will be heavenly. The chat sessions with them along with Abraham, Moses, Sarah, whomever we can have an appointment with. Jesse will be able to hang with his grandparents forever.

It truly is true that all you can bring with you to heaven is your loved ones. Lord, please save my children and my family members who are not a part of your family!

No comments: