Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Doing Corn

What to do when someone offers you two hundred ears of corn to freeze and it has to be done now, tonight?

Freezing/canning food and death are related -- the timing is never right. Going to bed early was what we had in store for our family tonight. But freezing corn is what we really did. Or at least some of us did. Maybe just two of us. It should have been all. But there were two watching television.

Oh to be Laura Ingalls...The upside about two doing corn...we achieved our goal within an hour and a half. The downside...I'll get back to you on that.

I keep opening my freezer and looking at all the neatly stacked freezer bags. Lynn loves to put the corn in the bag because he can do it flat. He doesn't prefer my round, random bags of frozen corn. They are not stackable. Who cares? They are eatable.

Speaking of round and random, it reminds me of someone I see every morning when brushing my teeth. Lynn, don't tell yourself this but I really like your flat bags. And you do do it so well. You're just one amazing corn bag filler.

No comments: