Friday, August 07, 2009

Time Travel

It is like having a baby. I'm asked, "are you ready?" I'm getting there is my reply.

Robyn, my oldest will be married in eight days. To this culture she will be a young bride at age twenty-one. Her future husband is twenty-six and has waited patiently for this moment.

We are praying for a beautiul evening that will be still, no wind, full of warm orange/yellow sunlight casting shadows on the lawn, and a perfect temperature with no dew created on the green grass.

Last Friday was the night I had been requesting. I stood still in my yard and declared it. Ahh yes, let it be, let it be.

We have planned many outdoor events in our back yard with optimism that makes one gag.
When I'm asked if we are going to have a canopy I love watching the faces. Ohhhh, o.k., well that's interesting, so what ARE you going to do?

We're going for the gusto. If a storm decides to come on us fast and furious it will be great fun to challenge ourselves with; how many people can fit into the studio, how many people can fit into our home, how many people can fit into our suburban? We'll have fun.

I have been in my yard all spring, all summer, and now that I've created my bit of heaven, all fall. What a blast to have an excuse to do this. My twelve year old helped me to see that. "Mom, you 've been given the best excuse to do exactly what you love to do!" Perceptive little guy.

It's the countdown. Will I cry? Just yesterday I was close to it. This is surreal, I'm the same person. Aren't you suppose to be different with all these rights of passage. I keep taking my same self everywhere! My daughter who was born yesterday is getting married in a little more than a week. She will be starting her family next Saturday (by virtue of her marriage).
Please pray with my specs I shared in mind. Thank you!

No comments: