Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween, uh, I Mean Harvest Parade



As a little girl I grew up celebrating Halloween. My favorite costume was that of a nurse. I was five and knew that I could probably walk into a hospital and they would let me hook up an IV. I looked that good.

I love scary stories and I know how to scare the "bajupies" out of my children without even telling a scary story to the end. Truth be told, and do not tell them, I know not one scary story. It is all in the presentation.

Elverson has a parade. When our first three children were young it was called the "Halloween" parade. We can not go to that parade with a title such as that. These were our thoughts of long ago. We can not have hanging over our heads the thought of leading our children down the road to witchcraft, no way!

Many years ago Elverson renamed their parade, Harvest Parade. Here we go, that sounds a bit better to my sensitive conscience, we can go. Off we hike with Geoffrey, Nicky Sue and Jesse too. Love it! If they change it back to "Halloween Parade" we do not even care. We love this home town parade with two local High school bands, a local fife and drum, bagpipes, trucks, fire engines etc.

Tonight our son, on the sticks, along with very talented boys playing fiddles and a guitar won first place for a non business float. Our daughter and her friend and our youngest son threw out candy to the crowds. We sold coffee along the road in front of our friend's home.

This was a night to remember at the Hall...Harvest Parade. Too much fun!
Thanks to Terri Leamer for the photo, mom of two of the boys.

2 comments:

rachel said...

you are awesome!!
lol!

your kids are lucky to have you. :)

Lynne Burkholder said...

rachel, appreciate your comments! :)