Wednesday, January 26, 2011

These gals



These three women are treasures. When they breeze into town I never know what it will look like, I just know it will look like something. Either I have them over for dinner or tea or they have our family over for a bonfire, or should I say field fire!

I have watched them grow since their teenage days and the youngest since a toddler. I love them all and their mother I dearly love. This Monday I had the priviledge of having my dear friend and her three daughters over for tea.

They had just experienced a "sisters" weekend and I was so happy to be their last hoorah!For twenty two years I have known their mom and that is a story in and of itself. Suffice it to say it was God ordained to meet Linda two weeks before I gave birth to my first child.

I have never met a more intentional mother in all my life. These three sisters and their two brothers are fortunate. I had the extraordinary experience of hearing much of their mother's dealings with them as children. Oh, the mothering stuff I learned! To Linda I am forever grateful.

I do not take for granted my relationship to the entire family. Their Dad is the best. They even have two sister in laws that are so intriguing, I wish I had more time with them.

Relationships are so worth it!

4 comments:

rachel said...

LYNNE!!!

oh man.
we love you.

Lynne Burkholder said...

Back at ya!

Charis O'Connell said...

mom will cry when she reads this =: )

Lynne Burkholder said...

Charis, Your mom first needs to learn how to navigate the computer. She might never read this.....