Friday, April 20, 2012

Can't Beat it! The Passing of Time...




What do I do when I have a Saturday night all to myself. Do I sit and stare? Do I work on a project, I have none. Do I try to write, I'm doing that now. Do I call a friend, that is what I have done many times. What should I do? Read my bible, that would be a good endeavor.


Next week is a week that will take extreme planning and organization. I will do well next week. I will make lists, I will organize, I will execute, I will even eat well. The week after will be a different story. It will be the crash zone.


Tonight is a gift I did not know about. Lynn and I might have been able to plan accordingly had I known. But who I am fooling? Lynn and I are not good planners. Besides which we are not creative enough to know what to do with five bucks (the kids have the other five) between us. Ok, let me rephrase that, we are too lazy.


You can tell what I decided to do. I can tell what Lynn decided to do by the sound coming from the garage. He is roasting coffee.He puts me to shame. It is only nine forty six and I might even have time to make some lists, pick up another book and read that till page ten to follow suit with all the other half read books floating around the house.


The next week will be the downer. If it was just myself that is one thing but I have children asking me for food. It really can bring a girl down, so many people in this house dependent on me for their sustenance.

I have never been the stellar time manager. Any time I have listened to a time management seminar my insomnia ends with a blink of an eye that stays blinked. Who are these people who are organized and manage seconds as if handling a bomb? Where do they come from? There has to be a space ship out in some deserted field that beams them back up to their organized planets. They really don't seem human or even interested in sharing the dynamic human experience.

So tonight I have many options before me; long overdue thank you notes, emails, phone calls, coffee work, bible study, reading etc.

But where are you???? Why don't you come over!

No comments: