Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Jeane Miller and Erin Robbins: Quite the Combo!





There are two women I would enjoy having you meet. Though retreats are not one of my favorite past times I would orchestrate one in which Jeane Miller and Erin Robbins were the guest speakers. I know it would be hard for me to convince them.

They are renegade women who have so much to offer and have no desire to package themselves for a weekend. They crave the slice of life that is rarely sought after; authenticity. Doing retreats just ain't their thing and for this I love them.

These two women live amazing lives, strive for extreme honesty, are two of the seven women (the others being Robyn, Kathryn, Nicky Sue, Rachel and Melissa) in my life who make me howl with laughter (not pain) and love Jesus with a passion hard to find.

Jeane Miller came out of nowhere and we became fast friends who never get together. Erin Robbins, I knew her since infancy and to this day there is a bond that pulls us tighter yet I never see her either.

Jeane and Erin do not know each other from Adam (what does that phrase mean?). When they meet they might be too much alike to get along. Oh, but the two of them together would make me very happy and sometimes that is all that matters!

Erin does not do facebook, would not consider facebook, probably abhors blogging but would make our lives richer as a blogger and a facebook friend. Jeane Miller is back on facebook having left it for a while and we are the much better for her return. Who needs reruns of Lucille Ball with Jeane's facebook and blogging!

I can direct you to Jeane's blog:http://thecoffeecottage.blogspot.com/2012/04/heart-lifting-mirth.html

I can also give you a taste of what you will find on her Facebook page:

"It's been about three weeks since we sent the third born's beloved Nuk up into the wild blue yonder. It's been three weeks of subversive looks and finding the twin's Nuks under her pillow or beneath her blanket during quiet time. However, today she took her obsession with the forbidden to a whole new level. As I was helping her adjust her leggings from behind, I noticed a strange protrusion in the lower "seat" of her pants. Sure enough, wedged in her little crack was Johnny's pacifier. All I can say is "Good Luck Future TSA Workers!!!!"


You might come away from Jeane's blog with more info than you bargained for but you will come away with a bargain. Erin needs encouragement to start a blog and enter the world of facebook. This probably is not going to happen...truly our loss.

You will be the first to know about the Erin/Jeane Retreat. I have yet to decide the theme, probably will not be a theme, can not imagine restricting these two. Not sure about the date, Erin now lives in Italy and a weekend away for Jeane with five children, under the age of five, probably is too optimistic.

But do keep posted! This would kick retreats into a new category! You would not want to miss Jeane and Erin's Retreat!

They are gonna kill me!

6 comments:

Robyn Saunders said...

Ivan vouch that Erin does not hate blogs! She is one of few people who at least understood my blog obsession when I revealed it to her.

Lynne Burkholder said...

Who is Ivan Vouch? :)

Robyn, get her to do one! All of her history she is learning, she can share shamelessly with us!

melissa said...

I can't believe I'm one of the seven... And sign me up!

allisonp said...

(ok, let's try this for the zillionth time, as i forgot my password & had to reset it....LOL)

yes, please sign me up too, if you would have me.... i would LOVE to hear more of you too, other than the occasional Bible study.... :)

Charis O'Connell said...

Oh I cannot even imagine the side stitches at such an event...I still remember sitting with Erin and Robyn's wedding and howling...and that was just 10 minutes! What fun!

Charis O'Connell said...

Sorry...haha...'at' Robyn's wedding =; )