Monday, April 16, 2012

Expectations are so disappointing!




This morning I was inspired to start the morning off with a breakfast together, read the missionary autiobiography we are working on, memorize scripture, maybe sing some songs, share prayer requests. The morning would fortify us better than any cereal could do.

It didn't happen, again.

My kids literally roll their eyes, remark how this kinda thing doesn't fly with us (please don't say that out in public children, we want them to think it does) and they encourage me with “But it's ok mom.”

ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Remember, this is my second set of children. The first set said the very same thing. So rude!

I begin to wonder if I have any clout around here?

Can you imagine a school teacher listening to this kind of talk? Go to the principal.

As you can see by the picture I provided, this is how the table looked. We did manage to eek out something but it had nothing to do with my expectations-Again.

2 comments:

Jeane` said...

AMEN!!!!
Thank you for writing this. It's somehow hopeful for me.

Lynne Burkholder said...

Weakness goes a long way, aye?!